Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Egg Salad Sandwiches

I don't often make egg salad sandwiches but sometimes I get a craving for them. I usually make them a standard way with mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Sometimes I cut up pickles and throw them in. This time I decided to look up recipes and see what other people put in their concoctions. This version had a lot more flavor than what I usually make. It turned out pretty good.  I might try another recipe next time just to see what other versions taste like. Next time you get in the mood for egg salad, give this version a try!


Ingredients:
8 hard-boiled eggs
1 cup reduced fat mayo
1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less depending on your tastes)
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon dill weed


Yields 4-5 sandwiches
Time 5 minute prep and 30 minute chill time.


Directions:
Remove shells and rinse eggs with cold water. Place eggs in a medium size bowl. Using two butter knives cut up eggs until they are the desired size. Mix in mustard and mayo. Add seasonings and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve on bread or with crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment