Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chicken Fajitas


My husband has taken a stand against the fattening comfort food I have been cooking for the past few months. Since its the beginning of the year he has asked me (begged me) to start cooking lower fat dishes. This week I decided to make some Mexican dishes. I make the main components low-fat for him and I can still add as much cheese and sour cream to it as I want. It's really a win-win.

Ingredients:

Fajita marinade (recipe available on this blog)
2 lbs of chicken breast
1-2 bell peppers, sliced into strips
1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
corn tortillas
sour cream, for garnish
shredded cheese, for garnish
chopped cilantro, for garnish
chopped scallions, for garnish
diced tomatoes, for garnish

Directions:

Heat cast iron grill pan over medium high heat (or a large skillet if you don't have a grill pan). When pan is hot add marinaded chicken (reserve marinade for cooking the veggies). 


Cook chicken 5-6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan and allow to rest on cutting board for several minutes.


Slice into thin strips. 


If using a regular skillet use the same pan to cook the veggies that you cooked the chicken with. If you used a grill pan, use another skillet to cook the veggies. 

Heat pan over medium and add leftover marinade. 


Add sliced peppers and onions. Cook until limp. 


Serve on corn tortillas and garnish with whatever you like. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment