Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cilantro Lime Rice


I made this rice to change things up a bit. It's low-fat and easy to make. My husband loved it. I wasn't the biggest fan though. To me, it was too plain. I am sharing the recipe anyway because my husband love it so much. I bet if you are looking for a "lighter" side, you will love it too. 

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt, to taste

Yields 6 side dish servings
Time: 5 minute prep and 25 minute cook time

Directions:

In a medium skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add rice and saute until rice is a pale golden color. Add water and stir. Turn heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until rice is fluffy and soft.

Before serving add lime juice, zest, cilantro and salt to taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment