Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fajita Marinade


I made chicken fajitas for my husband a couple days ago. The recipe I used was an adaption from Tyler Florance. I changed a couple things because I didn't have everything the recipe called for. The chicken turned out really well. It was very moist and juicy. I really liked the citrus notes and the garlic. I recommend adding some chile powder to spice it up a bit. 

Ingredients:

1/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lime, juiced
1 small orange, juiced
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped 
2-3 lbs meat of your choice
Directions:

Add all ingredients (except cilantro) into small bowl and whisk together. Stir in cilantro.


Pour marinade into a shallow pan or zip lock bag add meat. Seal and let marinade for 8 hours. If your meat is not covered completely be sure to shake the bag or turn the chicken in the pan halfway through.

Cook and enjoy.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment