Monday, October 10, 2011

A Great Buttermilk Pancake Recipe





I have a thing for pancakes. I love them. I eat them all the time and order them almost every time I go out to breakfast. I have discovered that not all pancakes are created equal. I have to have a pancake that is moist, slightly sweet and fluffy. I tried many recipes and this is the one that makes the best pancakes. 


Ingredients:


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup of melted butter, plus more for frying
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract


Recipe:


In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients. In a medium bowl mix all wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix. Be careful to not over mix. Mixture should be lumpy and slightly runny. 



Turn pancakes when bubbles appear evenly over entire surface. 


You know they are done when they are soft to the touch. If you would like a more even brown try using a pancake griddle.


Store in air tight container in fridge for 1-2 days or freezer for 3 months. To reheat use toaster or conventional oven on low (250 degrees F) for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment